Donald is The Restaurant Coach™, named one of The Top 30 Restaurant Experts to Follow in 2016 and 2017. He is the leading authority, speaker, and international coach on how restaurant owners, operators, and culinary professionals go from just good to becoming outstanding. Burns is a sought-after advisor in the areas of: leadership, branding, social media marketing, culture, operations, restaurateur mindset, team development, behavioral dynamics, productivity & peak performance. Be sure to pick up his book Your Restaurant Sucks!: Embrace the Suck. Unleash Your Restaurant. Become Outstanding.
His mission: Build your brand. Increase your profits. Strengthen your team.
Donald is the founder & CEO of Off The Range Ventures, LLC, a behavioral strength-based company, that works exclusively in the hospitality industry. Through online courses/programs workshops, seminars and a coaching business model, Off The Range Ventures, LLC creates solution based brands for the restaurant industry. He has 37 years’ experience in the restaurant industry as a restaurant owner, consultant, and as an executive chef for Wolfgang Puck.
He is an industry expert for Foodable TV, Toast Restaurant Management Blog, In Credibly Small Business Blog, BevSpot, HotSchedules, Upserve Restaurant Insider, and Modern Restaurant Management, and is the host of The Restaurant Coach™ Podcast on iTunes.
- Named one of The 35 Best Chef & Restaurant Experts to Follow in 2017 by Toast Restaurant Management Blog
- Named one of The Top 30 Restaurant Experts to Follow in 2016 by Toast Restaurant Management Blog
- Named one of The 32 Most Useful Hospitality Websites to Bookmark in 2016 by Typsy
- Named one of 50 Hotel, Restaurant, and Cafe Industry Experts on Twitter by Resseto
- Named one of 7 Restaurant Podcasts You Do Not Want to Miss by Toast Restaurant Management Blog
- Named one of The 27 Restaurant Experts You Should Follow on Twitter by Typsy