This past weekend has been one for much celebration! We at Nightclub & Bar could not be happier or more proud of our great country and the Supreme Court of the United States for ruling in favor of civil rights and marriage equality nationwide in this landmark decision. Friday was momentous day in our country's history, one that will not soon be forgotten, and one which promises all of us dignity, equality and basic human rights. We believe that Justice Anthony Kennedy said it best:
"No union is more profound than marriage, for it embodies the highest ideals of love, fidelity, devotion, sacrifice and family. In forming a marital union, two people become something greater than they once were. Their hope is not to be condemned to live in loneliness, excluded from one of civilization's oldest institutions. They ask for equal dignity in the eyes of the law. The Constitution grants them that right."
We can all certainly raise a glass to that, and we have the perfect cocktail to do so:
- 1.18 oz. Vodka
- 0.59 oz. Cream
- 0.59 oz. Cream of coconut
- 0.59 oz. Blue curaçao
- 2.96 oz. Pineapple Juice
- Chill a hurricane glass with ice and pour it out when you are ready to pour the ingredients in the glass.
- Pour pineapple juice, vodka, cream and cream of coconut with ice into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a Hurricane glass.
- Float the blue curacao and garnish with a slice of pineapple and a cherry.
Lift your glass and deliver the following toast: "A toast to love and laughter and happily ever after."