Ultimate Beverage Challenge LLC (UBC), announces the 2013 dates for its fourth annual Ultimate Spirits Challenge (USC) and Ultimate Wine Challenge (UWC). Both judging events, led by UBC founder and Judging Chairman F. Paul Pacult, will take place at the state-of-the-art Astor Center in New York City on March 11-15, 2013 for Ultimate Spirits Challenge and on June 3-7, 2013 for Ultimate Wine Challenge. Entry forms for USC will be available on December 3, 2012 and for UWC on January 7, 2013 at www.ultimate-beverage.com/
The Challenges are open to all spirits and wines from around the world, regardless if the brand has a U.S. distributor. All entries are rated on the easy-to-understand 100-point scale by panels of judges whose taste buds and spirits/wine knowledge are unrivaled in the industry. The top rated beverage in each category (whether gin, tequila, red wine or riesling) receives the coveted Chairman’s Trophy. All brands that enter and receive 85 points and higher receive considerable marketing support including: tasting notes, free/downloadable Challenge logos, certificates, icons and shelf-talkers.
Ultimate SPIRITS Challenge – March 11-15, 2013
- Spirits are judged on their own merits against their peers. Top scoring brands are named in myriad categories such as Best Gin, Best Vodka, Best Rum, etc.
- Entry forms available December 3, 2012; entry deadline is February 22, 2013
- Entry fee - $425.00 per brand + product
- USC judges include: F. Paul Pacult (Judging Chair), Sean Ludford (Co-Judging Chair), Jacques Bezuidenhout, Tad Carducci, James Conley, Dale DeGroff, Jim Meehan, Steve Olson, Julie Reiner, Jack Robertiello, Andy Seymour, Jennifer Simonetti-Bryan, David Wondrich
Ultimate WINE Challenge– June 3-7, 2013
- Wines are judged on their own merits against their peers. A top wine will be named for each varietal such as Best Pinot Noir, Best Riesling, Best Champagne, etc.
- Entry forms available January 7, 2013; entry deadline is May 17, 2013
- Entry fee - $105.00 per brand + product
- UWC judges include: F. Paul Pacult (Judging Chair), Sean Ludford (Co-Judging Chair), Christy Canterbury (MW), James Conley, Doug Frost (MW, MS), Mary Gorman-McAdams (MW), John McClement, Jack Robertiello, Jennifer Simonetti-Bryan (MW), Patricia Savoie
Says Pacult, “We encourage companies to ‘know the score’ when it comes to spirits and wine competitions. We don’t hand out ubiquitous medals. The Challenges provide so much more to consumers and producers starting with scores that everyone understands. Going into our fourth year we are more certain than ever that this is what consumers and companies that enter their products want. And our judges deliver unassailable results backed up by valuable and usable ratings.”