While I do enjoy a beautifully crafted cocktail, beer has always been my go-to, and quite frankly, my one true love. Who doesn't love beer? But have you ever taken time to appreciate what holds the liquid in the first place? That’s right; I’m talking about the can itself! Well, today is the day because it’s Beer Can Appreciation Day!
Think about it! Beer cans are more useful than you think.
- They do not shatter like a glass bottle does, leaving a massive mess for you to clean
- They don’t easily spill when your customers want to show off their sweet moves on the dance floor as opposed to a draft beer.
- Canned beer is easier to produce and better for the environment. Going green is never bad for business.
- Canning is better for a beer’s quality because cans do not let light in; plain and simple. Light is destructive to the organic compounds in beer.
- Cans are overall more convenient; they do not easily break in coolers and are more stackable than a bottled beer.
So, if your bar sells beer in cans put them on display today and make sure to put them in the recycle bin to be reincarnate while doing some good for the environment.