If you want your business or brand to stand out you have to do a lot more than traditional marketing; you must create a great social media experience to get people talking.
So, how do you create a great social media experience?
- Make a commitment
Promise to invest time, energy and resources to be active and engaged even when you feel like your social media presence is stagnating.
- Listen and Respond
Infrequent interaction is one of the main reasons businesses experience social media failure. You will be successful if you engage steadily.
- Make sure you are watching your social media channels often.
- Designate someone to monitor or use outside agency to do so.
- Be listening for needs from existing or potential customers.
- Respond quickly to negative and positive feedback.
- Be on the right social media channels
If you are using social media channels primarily to “broadcast”, then change your strategy and start listening. Here are examples of the right listening channels:
- Google Analytics
*People leave reviews and tips on Foursquare and Yelp about your business even though you may not have claimed or activated an account.
- Create exciting and engaging content
Your fans and followers don’t want commercials, they want conversation. They don’t want to hear how great your company is if it already likes or follows you.
- Talk about your customers and the industry a majority of the time.
- Minimize your branding and offer fans solutions and thoughts for making their lives better.
- Post or tweet frequently and consistently.
- Avoid going longer than a week without posting or tweeting.
Did you know that social media experts now recommend posting 2-4 times per day? However, be very cautious of posting content that is not engaging as fans will Unlike your page.
- Run Contests and Promotions
Contests and promotions keep fans and followers excited, interested and coming back. Most importantly, they’re a covert way to get your business or brand in front of more people.
- Run a contest promotion every 2 months, and make sure the prize is something to get excited about.
- People have to Like your Facebook page and enter emails to be eligible to win.
- That will increase your fans, followers and email data base.
And finally, let’s face it—social media is a lot of work. To create a great social media experience takes more than a commitment…. It takes people and time. Don’t be afraid to add team members or use an outside agency to assist with social media marketing.
To create a great social media experience for your business, contact Dave Dronkers at [email protected].
Source: Social Media Examiner