According to the latest statistics from YouTube, more than 65% of internet users in the United States view online videos, and spend an average of 6 hours per month doing so. No wonder the “Felix Baumgartner's Leap From The Edge Of Space” video received 50 million views online.
If you want to exponentially reach out to a larger audience, try Video Blogging or “Vlogging”.
A blog that primarily uses video to distribute its insight or message is called a vlog. Not many vlogs currently exist, but many trend watchers say that it's only a matter of time until the rich, personal medium of video begins to replace static text and images.
Vlogging is done with the help of videos. You either host your video or use free services like YouTube to host your videos. Your video will be visible to public and they can rate, comment and share your videos.
Here are four benefits of marketing with “Vlogging”.
- Exposure: Videos are more watched than text content.
- Viral: Videos are more likely to go viral (or be shared) than text content.
- Interactive and descriptive: Ability to showcase your product or service.
- Differentiate from the competition.
Additional advantages include boosting search engine rankings, providing another ways for people to find you, enhance brand recognition, educate your market and reduce time spent on customer support.
Here are some guidelines to determine feasibility:
- Would your target audience benefit or enjoy or share video?
- Do you have the technical knowledge, expertise or resources?
- Do you have budgets to sustain a year round production schedule?
While “Vlogging” is not for everyone, the future looks promising and it is one of the most powerful tools you can use to interact with existing and new customers.
Source: The Future of Video Blogging