New York, NY – Pernod Ricard USA, a leading producer, importer and marketer of prized spirits and wine brands in the United States is putting the final touches on preparations for the 8th annual Tales of the Cocktail event to be held in New Orleans’ French Quarter July 21 through 25. Tales of the Cocktail (TOC) is the premier global cocktail and culinary festival that celebrates the history and culture of dining and drinking. This year, Pernod Ricard USA brands including ABSOLUT Vodka, Beefeater and Plymouth Gins and Kahlúa Coffee Liqueur, among others, will once again take center stage at many of the event’s premiere festivities.
In addition to sponsoring a number of topical seminars hosted by renowned spirits experts and mixologists including Paul Pacult, Audrey Saunders and Dave Wondrich, Pernod Ricard USA will host three of the conference’s most popular gatherings of the week:
- Welcome Reception – If Tales of the Cocktail 2010 is where spirits live, this is where we will bring them to life. Beefeater will once again welcome guests back to NOLA and Tales of the Cocktail in true Brit-style at the Beefeater Welcome Reception. Guests will mingle with old friends and other captains of the cocktail industry as they sip on Beefeater, Beefeater 24 and Beefeater Summer cocktails artfully crafted by some of London’s most accomplished.
- Spirited Awards – In keeping with Pernod Ricard USA’s commitment to education, the company’s bartender training program, BarSmarts will again sponsor the event’s annual Spirited Awards. The Spirited Awards celebrate individuals and establishments that have shown an outstanding talent for advancing the craft of the cocktail and who embody the ideals with which Tales of the Cocktail was originally founded.
- Bartenders Breakfast – Like all good things, Tales of the Cocktail must come to an end, but in the great town of New Orleans even endings feel as exciting as beginnings. Ushered in by a traditional New Orleans funeral procession, the Bartenders Breakfast closes out TOC with a bang serving stellar drinks and breakfast fare for the night owls of NOLA.
- ABSOLUT Bloody Mary Bar – In the spirit of perseverance, ABSOLUT, maker of the world’s best drinks, will be serving ABSOLUT Bloodies at the Carousel Bar on Friday and Saturday morning. Nothing like a little hare of the dog to help guests through another great day at Tales of the Cocktail.
- Kahlúa Coffee Bar – For those who prefer their hare of the dog with a caffeine jolt, Kahlúa, the world’s number one coffee liqueur, will be serving java with the perfect pick-me-up at the Kahlúa Coffee Bar on the Mezzanine Level of the Hotel Monteleone.
- Ricard Midnight Petanque - Australians have bowls, Italians have bocce, and the French have Petanque! Guests will be invited to enjoy the food, drink, music and sport of the south of France on Royal Street. Teams of bartenders will be tossing the “boule” in hopes of becoming this year’s Ricard Petanque Champion of Tales.
“Tales of the cocktail is a phenomenal event,” said Steve Walkerwicz, Vice President, On-Premise Costumer Marketing, “It brings together the most respected names in the industry and hosts a quality series of seminars, debates and tastings for cocktail experts and enthusiasts as well. Every year we, at Pernod Ricard USA, challenge ourselves to participate in a different and creative way that complements the unique profile of the event. We’re really looking forward to what we have planned for this year.”